About Us - Romanelli & Son - Part of Long Island's History
- 1925 - Martino Romanelli starts ice delivery business.
- May 20, 1927 - Charles Lindbergh leaves Roosevelt Field for the first transatlantic solo flight.
- August 4, 1929 - Jones Beach opens.
- September 21, 1938 - The "Great Hurricane of 1938" kills 50 Long Islanders.
- 1940s - Company expands into coal and kerosene businesses.
- June 12, 1942 - A German U-boat settles a few hundred yards off Amagansett.
- 1946-1951 - United Nations Security Council is based in Lake Success.
- 1948 - Martino Romanelli begins offering fuel oil delivery and 24-hour burner service. Son Pat joins the business.
- April 1955 - Ground is broken in Garden City for Roosevelt Field Shopping Center.
- July 20, 1969 - The Lunar Excursion Module, made at Grumman in Bethpage, lands on the moon.
- June 1972 - Long Island Expressway is completed after 18 years of construction.
- 1976 - Martino Romanelli passes away; Pat takes over business, and along with his sons, expands company to service homeowners throughout Nassau and Suffolk.
- May 24, 1980 - NY Islanders win first of four consecutive hockey championships.
- October 12, 1994 - Shoreham nuclear power plant fully decommissioned.
- 2000 - Romanelli & Son celebrates 75th anniversary.